What do I need to do?
To nominate capacity for Long Term, Day Ahead or Intraday, you will need to complete the requirements below for both markets. If you have any questions about nomination requirements, please contact our customer team who will be happy to help.
TenneT Registration or
If you want to nominate your allocated capacity, you will need to complete the BritNed Registration process and sign the BritNed Participation Agreement.
If you have any questions or need help regarding your BritNed registration, contact us.
National Grid Electricity System Operator (NGESO) Registration
For the NGESO registration:
- Use of System Interconnector Agreement (CUSC Exhibit F is the application)
- Accede to the Connection and Use of System Code (CUSC)
- Register Interconnector Balancing Mechanism Units (BMUs) which needs to be done before registering the BMUs with Elexon
If you have already signed a Use of System Agreement and CUSC Accession Agreement, you will not need to apply again. However, you will need to register new BMUs as these are specific to each interconnector.
If you have any questions or need help regarding your NGESO registration, contact the Electricity Connections Team.
For the Elexon registration you will need to:
- Accede to the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC) as an Interconnector User
- Register Interconnector Balancing Mechanism Units (BMUs)
- Provide collateral to cover any potential imbalances
If you have already signed a BSC Accession Agreement you will not need to apply again. However, you will need register new BMUs as these are specific to each interconnector.
If you have any questions or need help regarding your Elexon registration, contact the BSC Service Desk.
TenneT Registration or Nomination Services
One of the following two options must be completed;
- Complete the TenneT Registration process and become registered as a Balance Responsible Party in the Netherlands; or
- Use our nomination services in which a 3rd party will act as a Balance Responsible Party on your behalf in the Netherlands, for more information see Nomination Services.
If you have any questions or need help regarding your TenneT registration, contact their Customer Care Center.